Does anyone here have trust issues due to a past experience?

msm2010

Asked by msm2010 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Yup, I have major trust issues. I don't trust a single soul. I use to trust my husband until he betrayed me but we are working at that and the trust is slowing coming back into place.
    Everyone that I thought I could trust as betrayed me in the worse ways. My parents, other family members, so called friends, ex lovers. I just stay at a safe distance now from everyone.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My ex husband got his mistress pregnant and his whole family knew. I didn't find out until she was 5 months along and it was by looking at his phone. She said, "had a great time with you last weekend". When I read it I got up and left without saying a word. I felt like a total idiot and now sometimes I think my relationship now pays the price for what me ex did.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have trust issues with my husband due to him and his internet whores in the beginning of our marriage. I am slowly working on gaining it back but it seems like two steps forward, one step back when it comes to him.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Ok, so I'm not the only person. I was starting to think that I was going nuts. I don't trust a soul cause most of the ppl I know have betrayed me in one way or another. Even the people who haven't I have a hard time trusting. I'm trying to work on this in therapy, but so far it's not working. Guess this kinda thing takes time. Thanks for the replies.
    msm2010

Comment by msm2010 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I do have trust issues but I am not letting it control my life. I am putting myself out there probably making myself vulnerable in many ways but sometimes you have to take risks to get what you want.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I am having trust issues with my husband because I feel he has betrayed even though I have no solid proof. Now I question his every move. It is bad! I really want this marriage to work but If I find out he has a mistress which I still don't know I will move on with my life!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have had family and former best friends betray me in some of the worst ways. I do not let it run my life.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I don't let it run my life, but I most definitely think before I speak around most of the people I know.
    msm2010

Comment by msm2010 (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes, I think it is something that many of us deal with. If we have been cheated on, betrayed, lied to, made to look like a fool, etc....then we tend to keep that chip on our shoulder and hurt in our heart and it makes it hard to move on. However, we have to rememeber that we may be missing the best thing to ever happen to us because we have trust issues. It's an everyday processt o try to get past it.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I used to, then I realized I wasn't being fair to the people who hadn't done me wrong. If you go around expecting everyone to scerw you over, eventually they will in some way. I exercise caution, but I don't just automatically not trust someone because of something they had nothing to do with.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010