Lil white blisters... cold sores??? adult content

I have this little cluster of white blisters on my lower lip and I thought maybe it could be a cold sore. (Since I have gotten them before but they've never looked like this before.) I also thought they could be cold sores cause I am about 26 weeks pregnant and form what I've read and researched it say that you can have a break out due to pregnancy, stress, fatigue, ect... But I'm not sure if they are cold sores. I've only had them for about 3 days and I've been using carmax and I thought it was working cause they started getting that crusty look to them but when I woke up there was 2 more lil blisters.
I added a picture. The lil bumps on my cheek area are pimples.

Photobucket

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• It looks like cold sores to me. The best thing I use for when I get them is toothpaste....I know weird right, but for some reason toothpaste drys them out really fast....it stings a little but works great! I rotate toothpaste and carmex to get rid of them because the toothpaste can become too drying and the carmex keeps them from cracking.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Cold sores are cause by a herpes virus. My ex husband had them, and gave it to my son. After 8 years of being extremely anal, I don't have them (thankfully!). Be sure not to share a cup, fork, chapstick, or ANY other personal item with anyone else, and do not kiss your SO.
    You may want to try Abreva, it will clear it up in a couple of days. Walmart carries it for around $12, and it will last for months.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Looks like herpes/cold sores to me.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thank you ladies. I was worried.
    new_mommie_2b

Answer by new_mommie_2b at 11:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If they are bothersome, you can ask your OB for an acyclovir rx. It's a Cat B medicine so it's fairly safe. I took that when I had cold sores during my last pregnancy. Don't be surprised if you have a huge breakout after having your baby because of the stress of childbirth and the hormonal changes. I had some bad ones after having my babies. My lip is itching and tingling looking at that picture by the way.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Should I go and get it looked at or let it run its course because I don't see my doctor till Thursday and I would rather see him than someone else.
    new_mommie_2b

Answer by new_mommie_2b at 12:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would at least call and see if he can give you a script. But it can't hurt the baby if you have an outbreak while pregnant. Now if it was in your genitals when giving birth that could cause a problem with passing it on to baby
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Those are definitely Fever Blisters-and they happen to me when my stomach gets too acid! I just started to get one two days ago. I treat them by taking a teaspoon of baking soda (an acid buffer) in water a couple of times a day, morning & evening, for a few days until they are gone. It really knocks them out quickly, try to catch it when you first get the itchy burning sensation in the beginning-it never fails. The reason you got more is because you did not buffer the acid in your stomach and it will continue to cause break out till you do. Stay away from acid foods till you are over it-citrus, coffee, vinegar, etc.-try to eat only alkaline foods till it clears up. Stress makes it worse too.
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 5:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010