did you know labor was coming soon?

if so how did you know?

jennifer588

Asked by jennifer588 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, because I was 7 and 9 days late with each of mine, so I knew it had to happen sometime, I thought it was many times before it did though too, but I think it was more wishful thinking then anything.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'm waiting to go into labor now. I have some indications: more frequent and looser bowel movements, swollen breasts with darkening in the areola, and for me, prodromal labor for the past several weeks...before that pre-term labor that took me to 2cm and 80%. Who knows when it will actually happen though...
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I just knew with both my girls. Can't tell you how just felt it. Sure enough both of them came the next day after I knew.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I said all along I would have my first baby early because my mom had her babies early. At my last appointment my blood pressure went up and I was slightly dilated, like 1 or 2. I knew for sure the baby was coming soon and he came the next day, 12 days early, exactly 5 years ago :)
    Then my 2nd and 3rd baby came 3 and 10 days late, my blood pressure never went up and I never dilated before labor. I don't know how I got so lucky with the first or how I knew. Honestly it was probably just chance.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• The first time no, the second time yes... i started the (TMI) having diaherra, I lost weight, I was dialated to a two and 80 percent(39 week visit), lost my mugas plug (2 weeks prior), started having hardcore contractions... started at an hour apart and over time got down to 10 minutes apart... (3 days) but the 10 minutes apart staied for 2 whole days so they induced me to speed it up :) Good LUCK!!! CONGRATS... wishing you a happy healthy delivery.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Other than approaching my due date and knowing it would happen sometime in the next few weeks...no. I was losing my plug the whole day before, but I'd lost my plug at 37 weeks with my first and didn't go into labor, so I knew that didn't necessarily mean anything. And then it started very quickly, with contractions going from 5 minutes apart to 2 minutes apart with in the first hour. So no preparatory knowledge at all.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My back hurt really...really...really bad!!!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 12:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010