WHy is my adult dog peeing in the house?

He didn't use to. Recently, he will go to the door and act like he wants out. I go to open the door he runs off. I pick him up to put him outside he pees on me. Why? When he is outside he spends the whole time scratching on the door and I find puddles of pee in the house. What is wrong with him?

Iluvmy5

Asked by Iluvmy5 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pets

• bladder infection? I'd take him to the vet if this is new, and he was previously house trained.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Is he fixed?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Talk to the vet. I hope the dog will feel better soon.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• He might have a bladder infection, or if he's like my dog he's developed some sort of separation anxiety and is acting out. My dog was the best dog, never had an issue with her and then after my first daughter she got separation anxiety and starting doing her business in the house and tearing in the garbage.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Talk to the vet. I think maybe bladder infection.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Never thought of bladder infection. He has no other symptoms. No pain.
    Iluvmy5

Comment by Iluvmy5 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I agree with Super Chicken it could be a bladder infection also, he may have had a problem outside and is acting it out this way. Good luck and I hope your furbies gets better with this.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have to agree, Bladder or urine infection. My dog did this and she was not able to control it because she had an infection, it was taken care of with some antibiotics, best to take your dog to the Vet.
    luvmydoggies

Answer by luvmydoggies at 11:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my dog was doing that after she got fixed,, i called the vet and sure enough she had a bladder infection.... now shes better
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 1:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Take him to the vet.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010