Arts and crafts for little hands?

I'm babysitting for my neighbors 3 kids (2,3&5 years old) and I have a 2 1/2 year old myself. What are some fun, and fairly cheap arts and crafts type things that I can do with them? I live in an apartment so I don't have a yard to do the fun outdoors things with them, although they do play with toys and color on the patio. Thanks ladies.

MamaSince08

Asked by MamaSince08 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • If you have a wholesale craft store near you, it's always good to stock up on creativity supplies that they can make anything they want to out of. I have a great list of arts & crafts supplies that we keep stocked on my blog at this link, if you're interested: http://baldwinhomeschool.blogspot.com/2010/07/whats-inside.html There are a few other lists there as well, but the arts and crafts sections are marked clearly. I find our project ideas through google searches, the Crayola website, and Highlights magazine. There are endless ideas out there.

Crayola Model Magic is wonderful! It is a soft and quick-drying, lightweight clay that is perfect for little hands! HTH!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thank you so much! That helped quite a bit!
    MamaSince08

Comment by MamaSince08 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• they are at a good age to use glue sticks and round point scissors under supervision. stencils are pretty cheap, since its close to halloween you can have them each make their own design to give to mommy. trace ghosts, pumpkins, witches, things like that on a piece of paper, cut it out, let them color on it and glue little eyes, noses, stuff like that. if you have a michael's in your area, they have tons of stuff for crafting and most of it is pretty cheap. have fun!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Get playdo or learn (from food network) how to make eatable paint get old t-shirts and have fun.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I make mask's with my little sister ut of paper plates I cute out different shapes of them for her and the let her color them and draw where she want the eye and mouth holes to be. I help them tape a piece of string to hold them on.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• one of your rooms turn it into a themed store or playroom where they can run wild lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Most craft store has a children stuff. The employee can help you pick
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010