does this sound good? anything you would add?

i bought a small whole chicken, probably 3 pounds, and put it in the crockpot. i seasoned it with some garlic powder and a little S&P. then poured a whole container of Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce over it, and lined 3 turkey bacon strips on top. I put it on around 11 and want to serve around 6, so probably high til 4 and low for 2 hours.

Last time I made it, I used a different bbq sauce and no seasonings. It was juicy and tender, but not that tasty. I'm hoping this time it will turn out better.

Would you add anything else or do you think I did good? ;)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would not change anything. If you have honey, add some to the sauce when it's close to being done to keep the sauce sticky if that is your preference. But it sounds very good and I think I want to make barbecued chicken tonight. Thanks for the idea.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I can't think of anything to add, I think it sounds good!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• sounds yummy. I need to get a crock pt!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I haven't done this with BBQ sauce, but if you put a whole chicken into the slow cooker with one cup of boiling water and one packet of onion soup mix, on low all day, the chicken falls right off the bone. The flavor is very good too, but with BBQ sauce added, I bet it would be extra yummy! Onion is a very good meat tenderizer.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2010