Any secrets to your weight loss?

Im always willing to try something new... anything? I want to lose 15lbs and im stcuk at 163 not getting any smaller. HELP

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Watching what I ate by keeping a food journal, and lots of varied exercise--running, elliptical machine, weights, swimming, Pilates, etc. The last 10 or 15 pounds is the toughest, good luck!!!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes. I stopped doing what my doctors recommended (to a degree). They always told me to eat healthy (always have), follow the food pyramid (always gained weight when doing so), and exercise (I always have though in recent years, I can do just fine now with moderate exercise vs. going to gym 6x a week like I used to). I lost weight quickly and easily by eating for my nutritional type. For me, that means limiting bad carbs; that's what was making me fat, not fat or consuming more calories than I was expending as everyone believes. My body produces too much insulin when I eat carbs; the condition is called hyperinsulinemia. Once I started eating in a manner better suited to deal with that, the weight came off quickly (I lost a total of 75 pounds w/out trying). I never have hunger pangs anymore and I actually forget to eat. Food no longer controls my life nor does it dominate my thinking every waking moment.
    Anonymous

• I have a long way to go, but am having the best luck with cooking from scratch...soups and salads, stirfries over brown rice....breakfast is organic yogurt with fresh fruit , sliced almonds, flaxseed, and a little oatmeal all mixed together.....and herb teas that I make myself.....I also am taking walks for pleasure, doing heavy housework, making sure I get plenty of sleep, meditation and prayer,....and it is working, I'm staying away from corn syrup because that seems to trigger a need for sweets, not sure why, but it does....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• im in the same boat i need to loose around 10-15 lbs its tough....but i find the elliptical machine and swimming helps a bit...but not as fast as i wanted it to!
    Ms.TM

Answer by Ms.TM at 2:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010