HOT FLASHES?

What do you do for them? I have had them for years-even before menopause-it has been 6 years since I have had a cycle and I still get them. I found Estroven to be helpful & acupuncture, keeping your body in balance (no alcohol), lowering stress, but nothing really stops them completely. My friend is just starting to get them-sleepless nights and profuse sweating for no reason, she is miserable. How long will they continue to torture us? Any good remedies out there?

drsally

Asked by drsally at 12:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• IM currently in that position du to having a complete hysterectomy in December 2009.Im currently taking estradal for them. When a hot flash creeps up I just grap a cool cloth and place it on the back of my kneck while sitting in front of a fan.You can also try drinking cold drinks like water. Wear cotton clothing as it helps keep you dry. These have worked for me so I hope they are useful to you.
    Stormy0225

Answer by Stormy0225 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I recommend the book The Menopause Years by Susun Weed...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I remember all these symptoms-I used to call them my "power surges" LOL. I would get up in the middle of the night and have to take a shower. Tell her to dry using ice packs-they helped cool my body down.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 12:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2010