At what age should children learn divination?

I hope to teach my daughter the divination I use (tarot) when she's old enough to focus on what I'm telling her. When I know she can pay attention, I want to show her the wonders of diving. =) I can't wait.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• After her menstrual cycle starts, basically puberty, she can touch the cards. Before then as a child, her ability to interpret the life path contained in the cards is not there. Once she becomes a woman, open to the mystery of life and death and the cycle of rebirth the path becomes clear.

But there are other divination methods that children can be taught. Reading the clouds, signs of the birds, reading tea leaves, dowsing rods particularly good for children. Recognising signs is good early training as well as honing intuition skills.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think that depends on the child and what the parents feel comfortable with. There is no set or "wrong" age to teach your child what you plan to teach them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Like with most things, I don't think it's about age as much as her maturity. I'm thinking I will start my children with a pendulum around 5 or 6, it's much easier than Tarot and there is no trying to remember what the cards all mean. If you want to start with Tarot, why not make your own cards with her, that will help her to learn what each means and help her get acquainted with them before she has to master the focus part...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• ITA with the above posters.

The child is old enough when s/he is ready.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Sabrina - Excellent idea about creating cards with her. Learning the pendulum is a good way to start teaching divination.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• When they ask to learn is when Ill teach them.

I may explain things a bit here and there as they see me do stuff and ask questions but I wont teach them how to do anything until they are in their teens and truly want and ask to know.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Okay, I don't mind disagreement but I'm so curious as to why the down vote. Could you explain please?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Hopefully never.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2010