Have you ever wanted to be on TV, meet some actors

I am not a star struck person but I do love to go on sets (if I can, and met those people that make the shows look really cool)
I have met:
Malik Yabba not sure of spelling
Bubba Smith
Walt Fraizer
Queen Latifah
A couple or radio personalities and I think 1 or 2 professional ball players.
This was over a period of 10 -15 yrs and we are not groupies.
This came about via ball games, parties, gatherings, weddings and stuff like that.
Anyways, its fun now to sit back and laugh...
Just for fun, my friend and I worked on this project. We got in touch with the Motion Picture Association and all that good stuff.
We posted on our site ( http://theelite.shopping.officelive.com/SoyouwanttobeonTV.aspx) a list of casting calls & filming sets, being taped in our area. If your interested, take a look and see. We haven't had the time but would love it if other could get use out of it.
websavvy1
http://nearnew.ecrater.com/

websavvy1

Asked by websavvy1 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• I was an extra in a music video that premeiered on CMT recently. Friends said they see me in a background shot for about 1/2 a second. I had a BLAST and realized how exhausting film work is. I was on set from 9am until midnight with only one real break from 5-8. But it was still fun.

I've met the following celebs:

Jon Voight
    Jensen Ackles
    Jim Beaver
    Amber Benson
    James Marsters
    Armin Shimerman
    David Fury
    Christian Kane
    Aldis Hodge
    Beth Riesgraf
    Timothy Hutton
    Dean Devlin
    Chris Rogers
    Tom Schneider

plus some independant musicians and sci-fi actors most people would not have heard of.

Except for ONE person (who isn't listed above) every single experience has been, without exception, incredible. They were all funny, personable, real people and not a single EGO in the bunch.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• One of my goals in life is to NEVER be on tv. And I really don't want to meet anyone. They are people just like we are, just more stuck up lol
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Nope, never. And I'm almost afraid that meeting my favorite celebrity (not that I have many), might be a total letdown, LOL.

But the few I've met during autograph sessions have actually been pretty nice (of course they have to be during those), so who knows.

But I'm not all that much into the celebrity scene either.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• LOL..I have been on the big screen. Screw TV. I go big or go home. I have been on movie sets, not just TV show sets. Hahaha

P.S. See me and my son in "Butter" starring Jennifer Garner, Alicia Silverstone and Hugh Jackman...coming out next year.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I had the opportunity and they are a blast, most people have a negative or preconceived notion that they are horrible people. Walk a day in their shoes and you will see what happens... Look at the pro ball player that committed suicide, the actors too. They have it a little tough sometime. Some are stuck up but the real ones love to hang out with down to earth people (some) get very tired of the stress of Hollywood.
    websavvy1

Comment by websavvy1 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• @bradenlsmyson - u go girl! so cool! Wait till you and he get up there in age, you will have some good stories...Can't wait to see the show, let us know who you are and we will be looking for you. You can send an email if you want it private (but) I say, spread the news!
    websavvy1

Comment by websavvy1 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• LOL...actually, we are extras, but, we were front and center for MANY shots and my son was picked for a special shot on a surrey. I will have to see the movie first to see exactly how many shots we made it in.

I was an extra for "Straw Dogs", but, I KNOW you can't see me there. And my son was an extra in a Hallmark movie and you can't see him in it either, but, we own the DVD anyway.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• When I was little I met "Beau" from Days, and a radio personality named Bear...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• awh, I think you guys are adorable! This was fun!
    websavvy1

Comment by websavvy1 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010