3day potty training method

at what age did you do the 3day potty training method. please answer only if you potty trained this way. my dd is 19months. thanks

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 12:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You guys should definitely give it a try (op and tnm786). As long as they can communicate with you in some way, they can do this.
    Lambdarose, let me know if you want the e-book.
    Be prepared for LOTS of accidents on day 1. I don't think my hubby was prepared for the 30+ accidents we had. He was ready to give up, and I pressed on. Day 2, we had 6 accidents early, then from 2pm on, no accidents.
    And this method includes nights.
    I'm SO glad we did it!!
    Even if you decide to wait until 22 months, like the book recommends, get it now, so you can read it through several times first (it's not very long, you can read it in an hour or less), so you have it down for when the big day comes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i havent tried it but im curious what does the 3day potty training method entail? honestly not asking to criticize just genuinely curious! my daughter is 22 months and hoping she's ready soon. it took my oldest about 4 months to have it down pat.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I did it at 25 months, only because we didn't have 3 days together sooner. He was trained in a day and a half using this method! I know the ebook recommends it at 22 months, but I know m son was ready sooner, and had I had the book then, I would've done it sooner. I say go for it if our DD is ready.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My son was 2.5. I did it without even knowing about there being a method. He was day/night trained in 4 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• tnm786, what i read about the 3 day potty training method is that you take away the diapers completely and have them be in underpants for a full threedays. i don't know much about it yet but just researching right now. but it entails to devote entirely 3days to the potty training. i went on amazong and looked it up and there is a ebook for it. my dd is only 19months butt he other day she said poop to my mom pointed to herself and then like 5mins later she pooped so she is getting ready for it. she doesn't do much with peeing but she has sat on the potty plenty of times. so right now i am just researching.
    oh and thanks ladies for all your comments.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• ok, i probably wouldnt have much luck then because she's still not letting me know when she is dirty/wet or needs to go potty. but when she does start telling me i think ill give that method a try! good luck with it!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I had never heard of that
    MJC157

Answer by MJC157 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• mjc157, i read about it on cafemom and then i looked up the book on amazon. my dd is only 19months but she has been saying she has to do poops before she does it so she is close to potty training.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i have the ebook...message me if you want it..my ds was 27 months and it worked beautifully.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my dd is 28 months...i don't believe that this method works (let alone any method of potty training, really) until they're ready......my dd just came to me one day and said she needed to peepee on the potty.....three days later and 1-2 accidents a day the first two days, we were potty trained. that's been 2-3 weeks ago, we can go anywhere, and when she needs to go, she'll let me know.....thank god kenzie isn't afraid of public potties or have issues getting comfy going other places like some kids do.....i don't really know much about the method itself, but we did train in three days.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010