do u believe in???

spanking????
When do u get to that point with ur kids?????

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes I believe in it. I no longer have to spank because it worked when he was younger. When nothing else is working, a spanking usually gets the point across.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes... and when he really needs an adjustment.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I believe in it, but never have to do it. My dd is 4 and very good. I have asked her if she wanted a spanking before and she says no and stops acting up. My breaking point would be...you know the kids in stores that know better than throw a fit, but do it anyway. And you can tell their parents are humiliated...that would be my breaking point!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 12:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I do to a point. I don't think children should be spanked every time they're bold, though. It depends on the offense. Evan got a spanking for biting me, but for talking back, he goes to the 'chill chair'
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Well my son is only 14 months old so we haven't come to that point yet, but yes I do believe spanking is okay. I was spanked as a child and actually don't even remember getting spanked. I think the threat of it fixed my behavior. Sometimes certain things need a very stern reminder. For example, a friend of mine used to run in the street all the time. One time she got spanked because apparently she didn't listen to whatever her mom saying before. Well she never went in the street again...and that's not a little thing, she could have been hit by a car and killed. So on that note, I will always try other methods of discipline first but if they don't work and my son NEEDS to do that he cannot do something (especially if its dangerous) we will see if a spanking will get him to remember.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• when it calls for it then you should give your child a swat on the butt. but some kids dont need spankings and some spankings dont work on some kids, it just depends on what works for you and your family.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 4:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• nope, I don't believe in it under any circumstances
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes I do. My children usually started with a single swat on the but around age 1... When done correctly, and in combination with other consistent disciplinary methods it's very affective.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I neither believe in or not believe in spanking.

I just simply never spanked because my son never gave me reason to.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've learned spanking only leads to children reacting in the same manner. If you spank them when they are bad, they are more likely to react aggressively with you and others. (like siblings, etc).

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2010