DO YOU WORRY ABOUT GETTING SICK WHEN THE KIDS DO?

Is it something you worry about a lot, esp. working Moms because you may lose work? I worried more about one child making the other child sick more than me. I'd be very sick before I'd miss work, trying to save my days for the kids as much as I could. I worked for 2 1/2 yrs night work with the 2nd & 3rd child and my S/O watched them at night so that was no problem for a while. But, then on day work, it was for years a worry to some degree, my employer was not too good on being out of work, esp. if it was for the kids

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• I dont' worry about it, I expect it. When you spend the majority of your time face to face with a child who is sick, you don't stand a chance. Your employer has to realize that family comes first, and while the job market is tough, there are other jobs out there. Do they really want to go through the process of hiring someone new, just because you or your little one is ill for a couple of days?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Absolutly. With having a child with asthma,I worry about getting someones illness and passing it to her. If she was to get an upper respitory its hard for her to breath.
    Stormy0225

Answer by Stormy0225 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It's always in the back of mind, but Thank God I rarely get what they get! I also do in-home preschool/childcare and rarely do I catch anything that the little ones do. My immune system rocks!!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• yep, what stormy0225 said, I don't let it bother me too much but still concerned.
    websavvy1

Answer by websavvy1 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No. My children have RARELY had so much as a slight cold, and have never been SICK. But even if they were I wouldn't really be afraid of getting sick, when my kids aren't feeling 100% I'm simply worried about them, about making them feel better, not about me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010