European countries for Christmas?

I live in CA so I would prefer a country where it usually snows in the winter.. Apart from London and Paris, what other European cities would you suggest for Christmas?

mygirlpaige

Asked by mygirlpaige at 12:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Travel

• GERMANY!!!
    I swear the whole country looks like a postcard all winter. There are amazing open air markets (Crist Krindle Markt I think, or something that at least sounds like that) that sell the most beautiful handmade nutcrackers and blown glass ornaments, free wassail and spiced cider (some of which is the adult variety).

Spend Christmas in Bavaria, close to the border with Austria. Bertchesgarten is an awesome place, but touristy. A could hours north of there is a small town called Bad Windsheim. There's a torture museum (super cool) a great big town square with a market and the most amazing cookoo clock that goes off longer and longer for each hour.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Germany, Austria, or Italy. Beautiful any time of year but winter is fantastic.
    Anonymous