I need a good chili recipe...

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 12:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• This recipe is awesome but doesn't sound good when I tell you how lol
    1 lb hamburger (browned of course separately)
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can chili beans
    1 can pork and beans
    1 can great northern beans
    1 can rotel (tomatoes with green chile)

Cook hamburger separate with onion, put all beans and rotel in big pot and start warming (I fill the pot about half way with water), then mix everything together and season. I use garlic salt, pepper, and red chile powder. And whatever else I ahve laying around. Good luck. It really is GOOD GOOD, was one of my grandma's
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• This is how I make it - the onions/salsa are optional. I brown 2 lbs of ground beef with a few chopped onions, black pepper, chili powder, and just a little salt, then drain it. Put it in a pot with 2 medium sized can of chili beans, a 46 oz can of tomato juice, a jar of salsa, more chili powder & pepper. Cook as long as you want - the longer you cook it, the thicker it is. Re-season at the end if need be.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• 2 lbs lean ground beef ,4 cans of red kidney beans( do not drain or rinse), 2 packets of mild chili seasoning,2 of each bell peper: red,green,yellow,orange chopped into small pieces,1large onion cut into small pieces,2 Small cans of stewed tomatoes( do not drain), green onions diced,sour cream,shredded cheese.

Brown up the 2 pounds of lean ground beef, drain and rinse meat. Pour in the 2 packets of mild chili seasoning along with about 1 cup water. Stir. Add your chopped bell peppers and onions and cook until slighty transparent. Add the cannned beans and canned stewed tomatoes,stir. If to thick add some more water or you ca use tomato juice. Simmer for 30 mins then seve topped with green onion and shredded chees and sour cream. Enjoy
    Stormy0225

Answer by Stormy0225 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I cook my chilli like my mom and grandparents and no going on 42 years old and have never tried another recipe. I brown hamburger or use ground turkey. The in a pot put in chilli powder, hamburger, kidney beans, and broken up spagetti. I do not use onions but could add if want. I have once in awhile green peppers. Let me know if make and what you think of it.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've used Wendy's Chili and it comes out good.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2011