whats ur thoughts about smoking in the car with ur kids???

there was a debate about parents smoking in the car with ur kids on the radio... one mother says she has the rights to do what ever she wants... i have an issue with this comment... any thoughts???

myhotelsitter

Asked by myhotelsitter at 12:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• She does have the right but it is sad that someone would choose to smoke with their kids in a confined area.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• WOW!!!!!!! People still do this? Are they stuck in the past?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think it is DISGUSTING. If you want to poison yourself, do it outside
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I don't smoke personally, but what others do around their children, I can't help it. They aren't my children, and it isn't my life.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think it's fine...if you are using an e-cigarette. Other than that, it is her choice but not a good one.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• true... it bugs me when we grow up to think and be considerateof others, well i say be considerate of our kids. we as parents should be concern about their health... if it is not us watching out for them... then who is???
    myhotelsitter

Comment by myhotelsitter (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• In all honesty and maybe it's harsh, if a parent smokes in the car with kids then they are ABUSING their kids.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i agree with the radio mom..its her car, her kid, she has that right. (doesn't mean i agree with the action.) also, some states have laws against smoking in a car with a child under a certain age. didn't know that? i didn't either, but a gf got pulled over for running a stop-sign once, and when the officer noticed she had a cig, he told her, 'oh btw..'..and yes, she said her window was down, too. he only gave her a warning for both. (her kid was only 4 at the time, and it was Arkansas. )
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• as a non smoker, i think it is tragic. I also have 3 kids with asthma and we do not smoke. I try to avoid areas where smokers are as it grosses me out. i think it should just be common sense not to, but i am a non smoker so i am sure many would disagree.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I don't smoke. But my parents did that and I turned out just fine and healthy.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010