please be honest.. adult content

only people who have please answer... has anyone had sex before their 6 week post partum? is it horrible to do that or what? im 5 wks pp and i feel like im ready

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• Yes at 3 weeks pp... and I think its a personal thing and you know when your ready. Just use protection because you are definitely fertile even now.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes. If your up to it then ok.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Ya, i did with my last around 4 weeks. It wasnt horrible, but you know your body better than anyone else.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• With everyone of my little ones we did not wait. The shortest amount of time was around two to three weeks. My hubby was leaving for 5 months so it was then or a lot longer of a wait. Anyways that is what we chose to do but you are more susceptible to infections and not healing properly. At 5 weeks though I think that you would be fine. There is nothing magic about the 6 week it is just an estimated amount of time it would take to heal fully but you may be fine earlier than that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my husband and I did after our first child. We had sex at 4 weeks. The wait period with my second was only 4 weeks though! I'm not sure why, but that dr. only gave me 4 weeks. It was fine for us, we used protection to be sure I wouldn't get pregnant again and I was honest when I saw my dr. at my 6 week visit. I honestly think a lot of couples don't wait the full 6 weeks, but thats just an assumption. Good luck :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Just saying, but, be careful..there is a reason they want you to wait. It is because your inside are basically an open wound and very susceptible to infections.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• yes, i did it 12 days pp c-section after my second child. he went slow and everything was fine, it didnt hurt or anything. you're almost at 6 weeks so if you feel you're ready then give it a try :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Doctors recommend not having sex before 6 weeks because you can cause a hemmorage. However, 5 weeks is not bad. I personally wasn't able to have sex until I was 12 weeks PP because it hurt too bad. But you can always try it if you want. Just go slow and easy and if it hurts, don't continue. Pain is your body's way of telling you that you are not ready for this, so don't try and push through it. Oh and use some form of birth control! You are extremely fertile right after having a baby.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I did because my husband was deploying before i was 6w. I was 5 weeks pp. It hurt like hell and I had a csection.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes, I did at 4 weeks pp. It's just a standard reccomendation to wait 6 weeks. If you start and your body protests, you can always stop. Just take it slow at first, and be safe unless you want another little one in 9 months!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010