Why?

Why is it that so many women don't feel they are sexy or beautiful? I put up a post "Bump if you are truly sexy" and was really amazed that the response was limited. i must admit I didn't do it for the bumps but in fact to see how many women found themselves sexy and beautiful. Why is it that in this day and age more women still don't see themselves more positively? That they don't find themselves sexy in any form?

Cheveyo1

Asked by Cheveyo1 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I blame it on being raise in a time of playing Barbie and wanting to look just like her.It is totally impossible,but ingrained in the mind.I won't even start about the media...magazines,movies tv,billboards,ect.always posting the perfect airbrushed model,actress,ect.
    mom4jimbo

Answer by mom4jimbo at 12:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I think society has set certain standards for what is considered beautiful and sexy. Based on those unrealistic images not too many women find themselves attractive. I am one of them that does not! I have a horrible face without make-up, most of my hair days are bad, I have stretchmarks, I am a little chunky...none of those things are beautiful or sexy. Now, if I could afford plastic surgery, a personal trainer, a chef, and air brushing...then I would be beautiful!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 1:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think it is because they are trying to live up to unrealistic image that has been created by the media.  I feel sexy because I have accepted my imperfections.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Man.. Where's that question.. I'll BUMP BUMP BUMP you up .. LOL

I'm extremely sexy, I am extremely beautiful. How could I not be.. I am a woman.. hahahaa... As a woman, I was created sexy & beautiful from the get go. That whole "procreation and continueing on the human race" thing.. LOL .. All women are created sexy and beautiful. The only thing that stops a woman from being those things, is herself.. Any woman is a beautiful and sexy as they feel/believe they are..

My beauty my sexiness is not gauged by others views of myself, but by my own views of myself. I live up to my own standards of beauty and sexiness, not someone elses.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• @ Beeky

That's the key .. Loving and accepting yourself.. The good, the bad, the imperfect... the whole shebang.

In order to love yourself and see your own individual personal beauty, one must fully accept yourself :-)

No one is perfect. Anyone trying to live up to someone else's image of beauty or sexy instead of their own, will never be happy with themselves. They will never see their own individual beauty/sexiness, and they will never accept and be comfortable in their own skin.

Living up to someone else's standards ( in any regard) is a foolish exercise that will never bring about true happiness with or acceptance of oneself . :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I used too but from having kids and all the lack of sleep, stress, etc. its hard to feel sexy unless I put alot of effort into it...it don't come as easy anymore....especially when ya feel aged from so much change.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• That is just my point ladies. WE are all beautiful regardless to what anyone else thinks. those images are what only some feel are sexy there are plenty of others who don't find those images sexy at all. Sexiness is in the mind, you are only as beautiful as you believe you are and if you don't feel you are then that is also what you portray. I am proud of those who of you that feel you are and to those who don't baby stop finding fault. No one is perfect and our faults and or differences is one of the things that makes us sexy.
    Cheveyo1

Comment by Cheveyo1 (original poster) at 2:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I am a shexy bish....*nod*...at least, *I* think so, others....not so much :D

Great post btw *nod*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2010