Would you stay with someone just to have someone in your life even if you were unhappy?

Cheveyo1

Asked by Cheveyo1 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope.. I would never do that.

The person I am with (right now that would be my husband of 25 years.. lol), is not with me because I "need" them. But because I want to be with them.. The person I choose to be with is not my everything, he is not my life, he is not my entire being, he does not complete me.. He compliments me, he is a wonderful accessory that makes my life even more wonderful.

A good life partner compliments me,. not completes me.. He adds to my life. He isn't my life.

My happiness outweighs anyone elses. My happiness is paramount in order for me to live a good/happy/healthy life. It goes on the backburner for no one. If I am not happy with myself and my life, I can not be happy in any relationship, or with the many other aspects of my life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• NEVER. I would want to be happy in my life. Life in entirely too short to be unhappy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Nope! I would have said yes a few yrs ago, because I didn't think I was worth anything all on my own, but now I know that I am an awesome person and mom and I don't need no man to be that. I am committed to our family with my X/DH but no matter what, I am always prepared to be alone with my kids. THEY come first! I am still a single mom, though because x/DH and I do not live together. That is not part of our relationship.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I did at one point in my life I think- didn't realize it at the time though.
    but I'd never do it now. I felt more alone with him then when he was gone!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No. It doesn't make sense. If you are miserable with that person, and you are miserable alone, why not be alone and have a chance of finding someone better?
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Depends on who the person was and why I was unhappy. If it's' my husband and its just a general case of the blahs, I'd sit him down and we'd work to figure out what the problem is. If there is abuse in the relationship or infidelity that makes me unhappy, out the door one of us would go. But relationships take work. "I'm just not happy anymore" usually means one or the other or both isnt doing their part to make the relationship work. Love is a choice.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I did that once. Will never do it again. I was miserable for 4 years before I realized that the only reason I was staying with him was because I wanted to have someone.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 12:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No way.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No...I can do bad by myself and be happy by myself. I don't need to be in a relationship just to have someone. I came into this world alone and I can live alone...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i have before, but never again...ever heard the term "i can do bad all by myself"?...there's even an awesome song by that name, i think its by 3LW. you should google it.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010