any advice on the nuva ring?

any long term users? any advice..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• I tried it. Could never stop bleeding. I had to get off of it after 2 months.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Loved that you only had to mess with it 2 times a month. Liked that I couldn't feel it. But, HATED that it KILLED my sex drive.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Used it for 6 months..Never had any problems with it except that I got pregnant with it even though it was used correctly and didnt' take any kind of medications.. That was almost 6 years ago when it was new and just out on the market.
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I used it for 3 yrs and LOVED it. Not sure if pp is talking about the NR tho. I had no problems with it and no period with it either! I loved it!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Been using it for almost 7 years....I love it, I have never had any trouble with it. and when i was ready to get pregnant i took it out and got pregnant on my first cycle.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i'm not a long term user. I've actually only been using it for a few days but so far I absolutley love it!!! MY discharge has increased which is fine by me. I have issues with dryness so this makes sex with DH a 100 times more enjoyable for me. And also my hubby could not feel it. Hopefully I don't have any issues on it because I would love to use it for a long time.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 1:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i am not a long time user but i did use it for a few months and i could not stop eating. i was constantly hungry. but it was the best birth control i ever looked into using. i am not a pill person so it was great for me. i did skip a period when i took it out though. so that kind of freaked me out. but i think it was just to regulate myself again. but i would use it again if i needed to.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i love it. i'm on it right now. i get lighter periods and i just set it and forget it. no side effects, didn't kill my sex drive, fiance can't even feel it during sex. i can't feel it at all, you just set the calendar on your phone to remind you when to take it out and put a knew one in and other than that you just forget it's there
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I used it correctly & im now 32 weeks pregnant from being on it!! Good luck!
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 3:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I was on it for about a year and loved it! I never experiences any side effects. My husband could feel it during sex, but said it wasn't uncomfortable.

Answer by missanc at 3:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2010