oh my..some men just don't understand

We put oil in our dog's food to stop her from shedding so much,(about a tbsp every day) It works wonders i tell ya, But My lovely dh has not been putting oil in her food for the last 2 weeks to a month, and now there is dog fur everywhere...i am going to go insane with the fur everywhere! Dh don't care because he is not the one doing the cleaning. I have told him time and again, don't forget the oil...why can't some men do the simplest thing..its so annoying!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 12:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pets

• Apparently it shouldn't be his responsibility to feed the dog, since he can't do it right. And maybe you should have him do some of the cleaning. But no..men just don't understand. I have a cat who has been allowed on tables and counters since he was a kitten, as long as there wasn't food on them. Now we have a 3 yr old who often doesn't finish his food and leaves it on the table. Hubby yells at him for getting up there and eating whatever's left on the plate, but not at the dog who scrounges around on the floor for dropped crackers and other morsels....where is that right?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 1:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Where it would be less work for you to make sure the furbie gets oil in his food, I would be the one to feed him. Takes less time than vacuuming everyday. Just a thought.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• make him clean up when he forgets- i bet he'll remember then
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• #1, Oil does work. We do it because our rottie has dry skin problems.

#2, Maybe hubby needs to clean the dog hair...and brush the dog more too. ;)

My hubby conveniently forgets things or conveniently gets "confused" and does things wrong, LOL
    I think its their way of saying "but...but...I don't WANNAAAAAA!"

LOL
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 2:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• umm anon, he dont work, because he is sick, all he is required to do around here is take care of the dog...feeding and taking it outside to do it's business......
    our dd is 23 months old, she is much too young to take care of a dog yet!!!

i have to take care of our cat, like cleaning the litter and feeding her and stuff, i told him from day one if he wants a dog he will be the one to take care of it!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• wow i did not know about the oil,,, is there a certain oil to be used,,, and as far as men they just dont get it ever ,,,,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 1:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Acid, There is nothing wrong with my MAN , he help me out and he is smart as well! I am sure that there are times when your man got you mad for some reason or another!! Come on admit it!!!

And kileighsmommie cod living oil is the best! As long as she has that on her food, there is very little fur around i know this works because i have been doing giving this to my dog for at least 2 to 3 years now, and you wouldent believe how much less the dog sheds!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It's not his dog? Why don't the children do this. He's the one making the money or the head of hshld? Perhaps he is just as good only better at working and he has no energy for home thinking due to his job mental stress. It's not a bad thing, if a younger member would do this is it?
    Anonymous

• If you couldn't deal with dog fur all over the place why in the world did you get a dog? Oil doesn't help a dog not to shed. It makes their skin more oily which makes them itchier and it's bad for their health as well.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Men do it get it. Unfortunately most women on here neglected to check their husband's birth certificates to ensure they were marrying men and not boys.

I didn't forget and have found a guy who helps and who is smart too. You all should try it, it's pretty fantastic.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010