Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Why was he told to erase the video of the Ft Hood attacks?

FORT HOOD, Texas — A soldier who recorded the terror of last year's deadly shooting rampage in Fort Hood using his cell phone was ordered by an officer to delete both videos, a military court heard Friday.

Under cross examination, Pfc. Lance Aviles told an Article 32 hearing that his noncommissioned officer ordered him to destroy the two videos on Nov. 5, the same day that a gunman unleashed a volley of bullets inside a processing center at the Texas Army post.

The footage could have been vital evidence at the military hearing to decide if Maj. Nidal Hasan should stand trial in the shootings. The 40-year-old American-born Muslim has been charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.

Prosecutors have not said whether they'll seek the death penalty if the case goes to trial.

Answer Question
 
sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 34 (67,502 Credits)
Answers (107)
  • sweet-a-kins

    Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • That doesn't make any sense at all.... Unless it showed something incriminating against the army. But you'd think they'd want to preserve every piece of evidence they have!
    Anouck

    Answer by Anouck at 1:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • I agree why would they make him get rid of it, they should have confiscated it and used it at the trial.
    -LovingMamma-

    Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • i wouldn't worry too much- there were so many eye witnesses there shouldn't be a problem prosecuting him...
    maybe they cut a deal to get rid of the video- there are so many behind the scene things that go on in big cases like this... but I don't think that Hasan is going to get away with anything
    elizabiza

    Answer by elizabiza at 1:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • I know he will be convicted, but WHY erase it? Its evidence

    sweet-a-kins

    Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • – collapse

    What the hell difference does it make?




    mustbeGRACE

    Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 (hidden) + expand

  • maybe they cut a deal to get rid of the video-


    Not part of any deal, it was the same day

    sweet-a-kins

    Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Hmm. makes one wonder who really did this. Is this a destruction of evidence against some other probable attacker or a likely source of some good footage that indeed has the very shooter in it's camera's view. If it's used to show the scenes on t.v. during a newscast then all those newscasts would have to take that footage and pretend it wasn't part of the news. SORRY it's already been news.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Ever think the military can be crooked too?
    firenicecream

    Answer by firenicecream at 1:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Sounds like the Army is trying to hide something...... Bastard who did the shooting deserves to be slowly tortured then be shot right between the eyes! The one who ordered the videos be erased should be prosecuted for destroying evidence!
    mommy_of_two388

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN