Swollen Lymph nodes

My 10 Yr old sister has swollen Lymph nodes under her chin and jaw..The ojn eunder her chin hurts when touched..Her throat is red and swollen .. She is on antibiotic.. I am hoping and praying that it is just infection.. Has anyone else had this problem was it just infection or cancer..?? She has no other symptoms...We have to wait for the 2 weeks to see if the swelling goes down with the antibiotics ..If not then blood work will be done...

emturner

Asked by emturner at 8:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have swollen lymph nodes in my neck and chin all the time when I get sick. Its just your bodies reaction to being sick. I wouldnt worry much about it.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• What makes you think it's cancer? Sounds like a nasty throat infection until proven differently.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• sounds like a case of MUMPS to me,, dont hear of it going around much nowadays.
    strtngovrmom

Answer by strtngovrmom at 12:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I've heard you can have swollen lymph nodes with Mono - that can really run someone down though (from what I've heard of it), so you'd probably notice that.
    Anonymous