uti/infections????HELP PLEASE!

It seems i have had one problem after another since having my son 6 weeks ago. I had edema on my left side and my left breast became hard, finally got that taken care of and about 7-8 days later I get a small red bump which i let go for too long and end up with a huge abscess that had to be cut and drained...im on antibiotics (ive stopped the pain meds) and now that the abscess is almost gone...something else is starting...i keep having to pee and its uncomfortable when i do...i was thinking uti which ive never had but heard this is a symptom...but im on antiobiotics how can i get another infection???

what could this be? why could i be getting all this?? any ideas?

(im breastfeeding which is making things harder cuz i cant take certan meds and certain amounts) sorry if there is typos im feeding little butt and only have one free hand...

thanks for any help!

tiger_tatted1

Asked by tiger_tatted1 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• I would think UTI as well. you could try drinking cranberry juice and see if that helps. If not it might have something to do with the antibotics.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You can try drinking straight cranberry juice (not a cocktail) or take a cranberry supplement to see if that helps with the UTI symptoms until you can get to a doctor. The antibiotics you are on right now may not be the right ones to treat a UTI, if you have one, so you may need something else. There is also the possibility that you've developed a yeast infection from taking the antibiotics (symptoms are typically a thick, creamy, "cottage cheese-y" discharge and burning &/or itching in the vaginal area). If yeast is the problem, some probiotics will help. However, you won't know until your doctor tests your discharge to see what it is.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Well I've had tons of UTIs and the only way I can explain it, is a constant urge to pee, even if there's nothing coming out, and a stinging when you DO pee. It also kinda feels like your bladder is heavy or that your pee hole is swollen. Some people experience the pain differently, and some can even have blood in their urine. Not all antibiotics cure every bacteria. That's why they prescribe you different ones for the different infection you might have. They have tests at the store, AZO is the brand, where you just pee on a tab thing and it'll tell you right then if you have an infection or not. Then you just tell your doc and they will prescribe you the correct antibiotic.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have to go to the dr to have a last look at my abscess so ill metion this and have them to a urinalysis....Ugh! Its like I cant be free of some kind of pain....:(

I used to get yeast infections alot before this pregnancy but I dont think thats it cuz i just keep feeling like I have to pee...And I do feel like im swollen there....
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• BTW..Thanks!
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Also try eating plain organic yogurt while on antibiotics to control yeast overgrowth..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Apple juice is very good for uti also.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I dont think I have ever tasted anything so gross! EWWW! That cranberry juice was nasty! LOL...
    tiger_tatted1

Comment by tiger_tatted1 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010