What does back labor feel like? adult content

So I am 37 weeks 2 days and I am having a lot of lower back pain along with cramps in my lower stomach. I have been having contractions on and off as well. I was 2cm dilated at 34 weeks but I haven't been checked since. Should I be concerned?

JaLayah

Asked by JaLayah at 1:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's been about 19 years since I felt back labor, but from what I remember it was like a terrible pressure, like someone was taking muscles in my back and pulling and pushing them- not a stabbing pain but it hurt bad.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I had back labor. When I started having contractions, I could feel them in my stomach, but soon, all I could feel was my lower back. I get my menstrual cramps in my back, so for me, they felt exactly like severe menstrual cramps. It's an achy feeling. Labor contractions come and go, but with back labor, the pain doesn't go away completely (or sometimes at all) between contractions. Once the contractions get to being regular, start timing. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• For me my back labor felt like I had someone punching my sides and lower back. I think its less painful then front labor. I had front labor with my 2nd and it hurt hell of a lot worse.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You will feel the pressure and tightness in your lower back, BUT with back labor, you should feel the tightness in your stomach as well as that is where your uterus is.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I am still having this pain! If it doesnt stop by morning I guess I will go get checked. Thanks for the responses ladies!
    JaLayah

Comment by JaLayah (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2010