Inlaws?

Anyone out there live close to their inlaws and have drama constantly? How do you deal with it? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• well we dont always have drama my in laws live two blocks away and she is over all the time i dont hate it well i don when its all the time. one time i just ignored her. that got her off my hair for a week!or my husband goes out there as soon as she drives in and gets her on her way?not too much help sorry!
    Anonymous

• Just smile and knod. Once they realize that their "advice" isnt getting to you then they'll leave you alone. I deal with it all the time from my bfs mom. She is a pain in the ass and thinks shes knows it all.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• LOL!! Drama is my MIL's first name!! My husband's parents live not even 5 minutes from us. I go weeks where I don't call her. I even went 2 months without letting them see my kids. Things are getting a little bit better, as long as I remember how selfish they are and to try not to take everything so seriously from them.
    Anonymous

• I ignore her phone calls completely. I tell her to call my DH. I'm not her child - I shouldn't have to talk to her if I don't want to. She lives like five minutes away and annoys the shit out of me. So I disengaged and stopped dealing with her. Breathe deeply and say to yourself - I will not let her get to me - repeat as needed until you punch her in the face.
    Anonymous

• sweetie been there with my inlaws but my mil sister knows how to push my mil buttons to get her all wilded up. my hubbys aunt is in to drama other wise hubbys mom wouldn't be such a bitch at times..
    Anonymous

• I've more or less adopted a Mom along with her kids that a couple of them are like sisters and there's constant drama but lucky for me it's not aimed at me but it is hard on each of them. So I'll tell you the same thing I tell them when things get going.... let it go, drop it and just let it go. If someone tells you so and so said or did.... you say "don't need to know it, don't want to hear it" and walk away.
    Continued.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• continued....If they're trying to tell you how to raise/discipline your kids, say "you had your kids, I appreciate the advice, but every child is different so I appreciate it, I'll consider it and handle it however think is best for the situation at hand". If they're all the time at your house or on the phone say something like "we can't ever get a free minute anymore, someone's always here or on the phone and it's starting to wear on our relationship" and hope they get the hint. And most important, never repeat anything any of them say about each other cause they will feel the need to repeat or confront and you're the outsider and they will turn on you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Lisa ann you are so right
    Anonymous

• Been there doing that. They live next door. In the beginning when I moved in with my 16 month old son it was drama on top of drama. Now he is 12 1/2 and she hardly comes over. My son has his own thing going on. Life has changed,for the better. But I feel for you. I know what your are going through. You feel as if you have to hug and tell all your whereabouts and the privacy level is zilch. Then god forbid you ask them about their personal lives........But as time goes on you tune her out and move on with life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Oct. 28, 2008