Hair is a scare!!!!!

ok so Ive recently went from really blonde to dark brown (reddish tint). Well for some reason my hair has faded everywhere but my scalp. So now it looks a medium golden brown which isnt bad. But my roots and scalp still have the red color to it. It looks stupid. But my bangs didnt fade at all so they are way dark with a red tint. I had this done professionaly. Well I wanna know what I can do to fix it. Or what color works best for covering it up. Im going to just do it myself.

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 1:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• get your money back, try Aveda hair conditioners that have colour in them to see if thats enough to darken the lighter areas instead of redoing the whole things....its pricey but a good product
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'd recommend you go to your stylist instead of trying to do it yourself.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• The part that fades is damaged and can not hold color the way the stuff at your roots can.

Demi-permanant or deposit-only colors will help. They don't blow the cuticle open to deposit color, they build up on the hair shaft. They can't make hair lighter, but as long as your doing a color that's the same level(or darker) than your natural color it's your best option. One or two applications and you'll find the color doesn't fade as badly.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• But sje uses Wella Hair color and It works fine when she does blonde but her darks dont stay. I guess I could go to another hairstylist to have dark done.
    Nikky0803PAG

Comment by Nikky0803PAG (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Go burgendy it is so pretty.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Wella color sux!! you should go to a salon that carries L'oreal Professional products...their colors are more intense and it lasts a whole lot longer then Wella!! Im a stylist myself and ive used both of them and L'oreal by far has the best products...as for the roots I wouldnt recommended for u to do it yourself ....u might mess it up more then what it is now...especially when u have already have other chemicals in it!
    Ms.TM

Answer by Ms.TM at 2:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Can I buy loreal profession at like sallys. And everyone keeps saying how my hair at the bottom is damaged. But really its not. It was blonde before but because I hate highlights. I only highlighted my roots so just touched it up. My bottom half hasnt had product on it till I just had the brown done.
    Nikky0803PAG

Comment by Nikky0803PAG (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I still wouldnt recommend u to do it yourself just in case...if u mess it up you'll be spending more money to get it fix. at the salon..not worth it!!
    Ms.TM

Answer by Ms.TM at 3:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2010