How would you feel if your hubby wanted to go out once a week at night...

with some friends and didn't come back home till 3 in the morning? I used to not be ok with this but have worked with him because i trust him and thats the only real time he gets to see his friends. My friends think that this is not ok and like theres something wrong with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't mind if my DH goes out, in fact sometimes I wish he would! I trust him with all my heart so a 3am arrival would irk me, but not make me too upset. Weekly, that might start to enrage me after a while. Maybe every other, once a month is more acceptable. How old is this guy anyway?
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 2:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I dont see a problem with it at all. Hes having his alone time with his buddies, so what. As long as you trust him that all that matters. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Its your relationship no one elses. If it works for you than good. You should also be able to go out with the girl one night a week.... keep it fresh and fun! Everyone need their alone time, its normal. Working everyday all day, if its at home with the kids or at a job it doesnt matter. A break is always needed. Have Fun!!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I see no problem with it
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I don't have a problem with that... My fiance sometimes goes out with his friends during the week too (or camping on the weekends). We both have pretty busy lives, why wouldn't he want to decompress every now and then? He does the same for me if I want to go out with my friends, too. Not that I'd be able to stay up till 3am, but you get the point, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Just make sure you get your time to
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Once a week Dear is a bit much. I understand that he wants to spend time with his friends and that's okay but every week until that late. My statement is not about a trust issue I would want my guy to want to spend some of that time with me. aren't we friends as well?
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'll be upset because he doesn't ever have time to go out on a date with me. It's been forever since we went out just the two of us adn it would hurt that he would rather go out with friends then ever spend time with me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• What is he doing until 3am? I'm ok with both of us getting some alone time with friends, for our busy life with little ones, its more like once a month, not every week, but when I think about that for my DH, that means a Sunday afternoon football game with his buddies, or a day of golf, maybe occasionally seeing a local band....and even the latter puts him home no later than 1am. Bars aren't even open that late, what is he doing out so late? "Nothing good happens after 2 am" ...that's a famous line for a reason.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would be pissed.
    mm-mom

Answer by mm-mom at 1:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• ok so maybe it's more like once every other week now that i think about it.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010