decreased fetal movement

I'm 31wks 4days , today I really haven't noticed him moving very much.. He is usually crazy. So I laid down for about an 1.5 hrs after having a glass of oj and it took about 30mins to get 10kicks( usually only takes 10mins at most) ,but the movements feel different to me? Idk if I'm just being paraniod or what? Now here it is 3 hrs later and I'm not relly feeling him? I ate dinner about an hour ago too? This is #3 for us and I don't remember anything like this from the previous 2? Any suggestions would be VERY helpfull!??? TIA!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if it is less then 10 movements in 2 hours then call your dr
    Anonymous

• The further you get in your pregnancy, the less room baby has to move and they sleep more. Also, during the day when you're moving around it often lulls baby to sleep. As you get even closer to your due date, you will hardly feel any movement as their head engages in your pelvis. Tonight as you're settling down, drink some more oj or eat a little bit of something sugary. It does take about 30 minutes...then count the kicks again. Hopefully you will feel more movement. My kids never moved during the day, but at night they were acrobats. If you haven't felt 10 movements in 2 hours, call your doctor.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It happens later in pregnancy. If the baby doesnt move at all in 4 hours of time go in ASAP. Most babies like apple juice so drink some and see what happens. I dont know what it is about apple juice...but it helps:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 9:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree with boizmom. 10 kicks in 30 mins is still okay! He just doesnt have lots of space anymore
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2008