Pain meds?

If you were pregnant and in alot of pain. Would you ask your dr for a prego safe medicine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if it was a big problem the dr would give yousomething but other tehn try that try tylenol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yeah! I have a prescription for vicodin for severe pelvic floor pain and migraines. I just had to be lectured about only using it as I really needed because baby can become addicted.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I hate it when people say "try tylenol" that dont work on me. Tylenol dont do a thing not even for a head ache. I have a appt in two weeks but i dont know if i can make it that long i can barely get out of bed.
    Anonymous

• well i dont know you i dont know what is wrong with you that is usually all you can take no need to be so damn rude go get drugs then from your dr shit
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• just remember all the drugs you get even from the dr does make it threw the placenta so it can have an affect on your baby everyone is different
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I dont want them i didnt even take them the whole time i was suppose to after i had my daughter. I just need something to get rid of some of it. I dont want anything extreme. and i wasnt meaning to be rude. I ment people in general not just you.
    Look my friend go morfine(SP?) while she was pregnant with her twins and i put her down for it i dont think that was what she sould have gotten.
    I not a druggy so you dont have t be rude to me for asking a ?
    Anonymous

• its alright its just like i said i dont know you dotn know what you have tried ... if it is a head ache then you can try talking to your dr about a stronger tylenol ... i dotn remember what its called but its is way stronger i take it i only get it from my dr ... but motrin i dont know about that being pregnant .... you can ask your dr
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• no its not a headache. and thanks anyway you just made me feel worse. like that was how they would see me just like you just did.
    Anonymous

• i didnt mean to it is just the way you snapped cause i gave my advice i dont know you .. if it is something serious then i think you should go to the dr ... i had bad pains in my hips and back had to go to the er
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Anon.. I don't understand how Iloveyall2008 made you feel bad, she was telling you the only pain med over the counter that is available. You didn't say in your post Tylenol doesn't work for you -- and some moms don't know whats safe to take while they are pregnant. I have SI joint problems due to arthritis in the hips and spine. I get crazy pain and Tylenol doesn't do anything for me either. (I've actually had surgery to burn away the nerves, but they came back - boo!) Usually, when not pregnant, I take obscene amounts of IB for the inflammation and pain. You can certainly ask your doctor, I think there are a few that are okay in limited amounts.. certainly never hurts to ask.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008