how is the best way to study for exams?

I have been out of school for 25 years so far i've got a 3.10 one term an then I got a "d" last term so it went down yo 2.72. Now i'm tAKING PSY 201 (LAST term took psy 101 got an "a") but 201 's much harder i'm trying dflash cards what do you suggest?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wish I could help. I was the type of person who always crammed the night before an exam. I know some people study a little bit every night or have people quiz them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I paid attention in class, never missed class, took notes, and crammed the night before an exam (I hardly ever did the readings unless I knew I'd get called out on it). Just the act of writing notes makes the info stick in your head. Sometimes, when I was real worried and I had to memorize places, dates, etc. I rewrote my notes and studied like that. But let me stress, writing them. Not typing them out and reading later. If it has been that long for you, you are part of a whole other thought process, you need to write it out, not type it out.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 3:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• And btw, I graduated with honors and am a proud member of Phi Beta Kappa. All from cramming and paying attention.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 3:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Take lots of notes - handwriting them helps me. Study in a quiet location with no interruptions.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010