Why do people ask anonymous questions it really seems dumb to me?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• They can't own their words because a lot of times their words are rude, nasty and demeaning. But then you have those anons who rather be unknown so family or friends don't know what is going on, so they say....

Answer by older at 2:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Some of them my be personal and they have friends and family on here and they dont want them to see the question or the person is embarrassed or not looking to get hate mail
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It depends on the question. Some are due to privacy reasons (this IS a public area of CM). Some are because they like to try to cause trouble. Some just really don't want people to know their business, in general. There are tons of reasons that are possible!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 2:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• why do people ask questions complaining about things that DO NOT AFFECT THEM AT ALL that is really dumb to me.I havent seen really any trolls for a while people do have a right to privacy ya know...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'm sure they have their reasons. Maybe they want to keep some privacy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've seen perfectly legitimate (or harmless) questions or answers posted by someone Anonymous, and I've never understood why they do that.

"What's your favorite color?" - Anonymous
    "Blue" - Anonymous.

Why???
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Some are trolls (fake profiles), some are embarrassed, and some just don't want people to know how stupid they actually are, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Even though I haven't done it, and don't see myself ever using it, I can understand how if somebody has an embarrassing question, they'd want to be anonymous. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty cowardly thing to do, because it's usually a controversial subject, and if you're going to make a statement about that, you should be woman enough to stand behind it and not hide who you are.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I just joined and was anonymous at first because I had no idea the responses I would get....I really browsed through the questions and think this site is a great thing! I will definitely become a more active participant...thanks for the warm welcome yall!
    jchrdp

Answer by jchrdp at 2:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Because sometimes I have a question I don't want my family or friends to read. Sometimes I'm going through something and need advice but don't feel comfortable turning to my family and friends (who are on cafemom). That is my only reason.
    mom2cuties0406

Answer by mom2cuties0406 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010