Do I skip this step?

Im making chicken caccaitori ...Im using the crock pot...well the recipe is for on the stove but at the bottom it says you can cook it in the crock pot. In the recipe it says to sweat the onion and garlic for two min then add chicken and cook till no longer pink. If Im making this in the crock pot do I still need to do this step or can it be skipped? Thanks ladies...Im trying to some new stuff and venturing out of the norm for me so Im just a bit unsure of what to do.

angie729

Asked by angie729 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would skip the step completely. Or, if you prefer, sweat the garlic and onion, leaving the chicken raw.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You can skip this step. Also, if you are using skin-on chicken pieces, remove the skin when cooking in the crockpot. It will eliminate some fat, and the pieces will be prettier.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010