Childrens hygeine

There has been an ongoing issue with my step son and where he take showers. Sounds silly, but it has gotten out of control. My step son is approaching middle school age and is starting to need deodarant which usually suggestions nightly showers are in order. Since he splits his time equally between our house and his moms, his normal routine is to shower every other night. There are some stretches of time where his mom has him 3 or sometimes 4 nights in a row, and he will come back to our house having not having showered once over there. When we ask why not, he says they didn't have time because he had too much homework or his soccer practice ran late. Is this something we should actually have to confront his mom on making sure he does over there? It seems ridiculous we should have to confront any parent about making sure their kid bathes. Any thoughts appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Tell your son to shower in the morning. That way it doesn't get in the way of anything else. Until last year when my son turned 14, he gave me such a hard time about showering. We would fight about it. Soon your son will want to shower on his own. Until then, I don't know what you can do. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Try to encourgae him to bathe more frequently and showing him how important it is to bathe so when he goes back to his mom he'll have that in that back of his head and will want to shower more. I would leave the confronting to the father unless you and the mother has a close enough relationship.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010