STALLED LABOR...ugh!

Ok ladies, I need reenforcements (I can't spell) LOL! My labor has stalled....Im back at home....waiting.....ugh! I dilated to 4cm, 50% effaced and the baby is at a -2 station. Please help me start labor again! I'm still having contractions but they aren't regular. But I need some techniques that you have tried that DO work. Castor oil is VERY last on my list, lol. I'm walking and having sex to get this baby out! Help please :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• stimulate your nipples.. Or if you are breast feeding then use the breast pump on LOW. i dont know if it really works i havent tried it BUT i have heard alot of people say it.
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I know you don't want to use castor oil but it really isn't bad if you do it this way and it works! Put 2 Tablespoons of Castor Oil in 2-3 eggs and scramble them together & eat them. Don't use mineral oil it doesn't work. Once you start having contractions eat the castor oil and eggs again. This will help keep your contractions going long enough so that they will continue on there own. It may take up to 8 hours to start taking effect. With my ds I ate them at 2:30 pm and had my first contraction at 7:30 pm. Ate some more eggs and he was born the next morning. The eggs are the best way I could get the castor oil down. It taste kinda like greasy eggs from a diner. I could not take it in anything else without gagging.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i used Castor oil! and it worked for me!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Walk, get an exercise ball and bounce, sex, spicy food, and nipple stimulation.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• *Try to erase the word "stall" from this situation.*

It's not a stall but a break, a rest.
    You might not have been in active labor ~or~ needed to break from it for some reason.

There is a reason.
    What might that be?
    Positioning, anxiety, attendants??
    There are so many possibilities--
    Consider this a gift and try to appreciate it!
    :-)

If you want to investigate the reason you could, or you can chill out and know that baby isn't coming yet because it's not yet Time.
    That is very important to remember.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• cont.

Technique attempts are forcing a situation--
    They can make you feel frustrated.
    This is you Birth! A very special experience!
    :-)

No need to feel like anything is "wrong" if all is fine & normal.

You can easily Google and try remedies but if you are still pregnant there is an important reason~

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Walking and sex are the only remedies that I know of. Just keep on trying. You'll go into labor when your body is ready.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Agree with Doulala!

I just had client with this exact same situation. She went home and things died down. After 4 more days, her water broke and she had 3 more hours of labor before pushing her baby out.
    There is no harm in waiting. Just know that your body is not broken and that it is actually doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing right now. You are 1/2 way there and your body is working hard but your baby is not 100% ready yet.

Hang in there.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010