How many agree with this statement?

Teachings of Jesus too often ignored by the church."

Asked by older at 2:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Absolutely! Jesus would be appalled at the hatred, intolerance and bigotry so routinely spewed by the church nowadays.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes I agree
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes all the time they teach like they are jesus.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• they teach like they are jesus.--

HAHAHA! i feel like a broken record..the church is damned if it does (teach like jesus), and damned if it doesn't (teach like jesus).
    i guess it just depends on what side of the church doorway you're standing, doesn't it?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• There are some that are that way. However, if one searches enough, and trusts God to lead them right, they will find a Bible-believing church, that is loving, open-doored, and will always treat others as they should. Everything Jesus taught, everything Jesus did was motivated by our Heavenly Father's love for us, His creation.That's why He loved and forgave unconditionally, taught to those no one else would go near, died the most horrendous death in the history of mankind, and was resurrected to do for us what we are unable to do for ourselves--save our soul from eternal damnation, and give us the gift of eternal life in Heaven with Him.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 3:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My" outsider" view is:

Yes on a level I agree with that statement.

However...... like I said, I am an " outsider" I am not a Christian and do not attend a Church/Christian services. So even though my interactions with SOME Christians have been true to that statement.. I can not say if the "Church" itself as a whole is that way..

Hope that makes sense.. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Absolutely true.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 3:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'll agree with that...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Depends on the church.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

I love that you are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010