Pregnancy Test Question

Are the cheap brand pregnancy tests (like Equate) just as good as name brand tests (like ClearBlue or First Response)? Why or why not?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It's not the price, it's the sensitivity. The most sensitive brands will show a positive at an hCG count of 25 and up (almost the same as a qualitative blood test). Personally, when it comes to urine tests, I prefer the digital ones, because there's less room for error.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes. You're just paying for the name. Look at the sensitivity level on the box to see how soon you can test before or after your missed period. I bought cheap and expensive ones and they both worked the same. I can't remember what the name was but I got the ones in the orange box.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think the cheap ones are better I got a more expensive kind dont remember and it came back negative. The sme day I went and got one from the dollar tree and got a postive
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010