Christians: What would you do if you child told you that they were gay?

Homosexuality is an abomination and the homosexual should be put to death. As far as I can understand, reading in the Bible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I have yet to hear a straight (pardon the pun) answer to this question...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Well, I'm not a Christian, but my parents are...and they have already said that they would be supportive and love my brother and I regardless of our sexual orientation.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i don't agree with homosexuality, because the ACT is a sin. someone can have those feelings (yes, i believe that we are all born with a temptation. homosexuality for some.) yet not act on them. when they are acted upon. it's a sin, it's NOT the end of grace and mercy. "let he without sin cast the first stone." john 8:7. i'm not without sin, so i will not condemn.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 2:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Actually originally Christianity never condemned homosexuality but due to mistranslations, political agendas and the sheepish nature of the masses, modern Christians have come to believe this lie.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I am christian, and I have a gay brother, and cousin, I love them both very deerly... It is my place to love people, not judge. If one of my kids told me they were gay, I'd be fine with it... I would teach them to love and respect just like I would a straight kid, and God can decide the rest...
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• yes i am a christian , but when my son gets to that age when its his choice. i am his mother and i love him and i would support him even though.. some people in my family might not...
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No matter what religion - how could a mother turn her back on her child? That my friends, would truly be an abomination.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 3:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You forgive the sinner but you dont forgive the sin. They need to be told that what they are doing is not right and that you love them but you dont agree with what they are doing. I couldnt sit around and watch my child do this, I would pray for them.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Leviticus 20:13
    "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
    (NIV)
    zweedledee

Answer by zweedledee at 4:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have no problem with my son being Gay.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2010