How did you stretch your dollar?

In a time when we all need to stretch our dollars, we don't allways know how or where to save. For example: we found if we go where they sell items in bulk we can save rather than in box form. It saves us $ plus the enviorment! What have you learned?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I stretch my dollar by using coupons. Just for this year so far I have saved $1,333.00 in groceries and the year is not over yet.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• One thing i do for my young kids is check out thrift stores when i can and find clothes that look like new. and also take old clothes to a store that gives you credit so i can get cash or buy used stuff from the store.

beeluvin

Answer by beeluvin at 2:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I am a big coupon user! I saved $40.00 the other day during my shopping trip. I always shop sales, never pay full priced for anything. Cut off unneccesary costs like eating out. Keep the AC and heater off.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I make my own laundry soap, cook from scratch, shop at thrift shops and yard sales, Instead of taking a vacation this year we bought an above ground pool for $300 and spent the summer swimming....We go on picnics for recreation...freecycle, ..livng simply is the goal....oh yes, I use baking soda and vineagar as cleaning supplies.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes, buying in bulk, vacuuming packing, freezing food. Bringing my lunch to work, buying clothes at thrift shops.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I was careful with my money even before the recession hit. Take advantage of sales, use coupons, don't buy anything you don't need. Most importanty, know how much is coming in each month versus going out.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I plan my meals around what is on sale in the flyer and shop for most items in resale shops.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010