Have you had success sending gift packages overseas?

Is there any precausions I need to take before sending a package to another courntry? Or have you incountered any problems?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Travel

• I've never had any problems sending packages overseas. And I do so quite frequently & and for 25 years now.. My inlaws live in India, and I have friends in other countries as well. For shipping to India, I use Fed X from here to Europe then switch to a courier in India for final delivery.

My one best piece of advice.. Insurance on the package.. I've always insured packages, and luckily have never actually had to have it. But I always insure just in case. Also make sure depending on where overseas you are sending the package, that it is an item(s) that can be brought into the country.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've never had a problem but I avoid sending anything expensive and if i do I always get insurance on it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My son is in Afghanistan and I have not encountered any problems...just keep the outside of the boxes simple-don't write things like Happy Holidays-Happy Birthday-Merry Christmas.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've never had a problem.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2010