Could I be ovulating? adult content

I have always wondered what these symptoms are. I have tender breasts, a clear thick discharge, and some cramping in my lower abdomen similar to period cramps. I shouldn't be starting my period for another two weeks so I am wondering if I am ovulating. Does anyone know anything about this or have you heard anything? Have any of you experienced this? If I am ovulating, how long will the egg stay in there so that I might be able to get pregnant? If it helps with your response, I have just gotten off the pill almost a month ago. Any reliable web sites or information from anyone is welcome. I actually have an appointment set up to talk to my doctor about how ovulation works with one tube, but I am so anxoius to get pregnant that I just can't wait to go to the appointment. Thank you everyone!

hostlerak

Asked by hostlerak at 2:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• http://www.justmommies.com/all-tools This one is very helpful.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It sounds like you're about to ovulate. FertilityFriend.com has great info, as well as free charting tools.

A run-down: Ovulation generally occurs 1.5-2 weeks before you period. You're most fertile in the 2-3 days prior to ovulation. This fertile period is usually marked by an increase in clear, very stretchy, egg-white-type cervical mucus. Breast tenderness can occur with any hormonal shift, which ovulation is. Some women experience ovulation pain within a few days of its occurrence, but this can happen up to a few days before or after ovulation, so it's not a reliable predictor until you know your body's signs better.

After you ovulate, your cervical mucus will generally dry up pretty quickly. The egg only sticks around for about 12-36 hours, so after you ovulate, your chances of getting pregnant go down drastically. Best to take advantage of the fertile stage you're in. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Definitely sounds like ovulation.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2010