Are there any groups for Volunteer Firefighter wives?

I didnt see any, and one that comes up says its only open to paid full time ff wives and such. if there isnt how many of you ladies would be interested in one?

ttfnt20

Asked by ttfnt20 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Go ahead and start your own group:) I'm sure there are several women on CM that would love to join. I saw the group you are talking about, for just having 20 members you would think they would be open to ALL firefighter wives. I found the "no volunteer allowed" rule rather rude. What is the fricken difference? The volunteers do the same thing and DON"T get paid. Whatever, start your own:) Good luck!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thats my DHs biggest pet peeve. Some of the paid FFs here act like they are better than the volunteers. The county ones do it for free and dont think they have to be paid for someone to get thier help. Wonder if i could get very many ladies to join and be active if i started a group? hmm
    ttfnt20

Comment by ttfnt20 (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would say start your own group, but you'll have to be very active in promoting it because you won't be able to do a search for fire fighter moms. You'll have to do a lot of journal posts and join groups specifically for promotion.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i agree u shud start one
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• iam sorry hun i have not seen one.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have not seen one why don;t you ataret one.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010