What do I tell her?

A friend of mine is 8weeks along and just called me saying she's having strong pains and that she spotted blood a lil while ago.She asked me if she should go to the hospital?She doesn't have a Doc and is awaiting appointment for insurance...I told her yes but just wanted some feedback....

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes! blood and pains are NOT GOOD! She should go get checked out.
    Anonymous

• needs to see a dr ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I would say yes just because of my past experience. If she has a family doctor she could call them as well.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yeah, Tell her to go to the hospital now!
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 9:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think she needs to see a doctor.
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• She is 8 weeks so she may be having a miscarriage and for those who have had one, going to the hospital will only confirm a person is not having a viable pregnancy. There is nothing that can be done to stop, prevent, and slow down the porcess.. The body works on its own. Some people do spot during the pregnancy but when it is accompanied by pain there is cause for concern. Going to the ER would mean waiting for hours to see a doctor who will give you motrin for the pain. I had a miscarriage and laid in bed and let nature take it course. My doctor later examined me and performed blood work to make sure i was ok. HCG levels drop when the pregnancy is not viable instead of doubling as they should every day. Being at home with my husband around me to rub my back was more comforting that going to a doctor that cant prevent it.
    lawstudentmommy

Answer by lawstudentmommy at 9:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008