Do you buy each person one big gift or several small presents for X-mas?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Shopping

• I usually only buy for those closest to me (husband, parents, brother, my son) and I buy one big present, and a few medium or small presents. Well, with the exception of my son...he gets all kinds of stuff, big and small, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I get one big gift for each of my kids, and then maybe two smaller gifts and some stocking stuffers. Everyone else gets one small to medium gift, and that is it. I consider it one gift if it is wrapped as one gift, even if it has multiple separately purchased parts, like a sweater and a necklace or a toolbox and some tools.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I usually do parnets one gift together and then each one of two item. Grandparents get walmart gift cards. sisters family gets gift card and movie passes. Another family just blockbuster, and a pizza gift card for the whole family. The other sister a gift card to eat out and home improvement gift card or even best buy. Try to do family gifts. And then the littler kids get gifts
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• One big gift for BF but small ones for everyone else.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It depends. With our child, we do "Something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read." With other people, I think it depends on what gift(s) speak to us for that person. It's usually a few small things for my mother, and one bigger thing for my siblings, for example.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:35 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• For my husband and sons I buy one big gift and a bunch of smaller gifts. For everyone else (in-laws, sister, parents, friends) I just get one moderately priced gift (in the $40 to $50 range)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Several small I enjoy others opening their gifts and even though I would have spent the same on a larger one it kind of feels like you have more because your opening more.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2010