How do I get my 9 yr old to stop being a picky eater?

Stormy0225

Asked by Stormy0225 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• He or she will grow out of it - don't worry mamma.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• give her the facts about what there eating show them the heathly facts and why they need it in thier bodys but dont sneak the foods with the other foods that what my mom does i hate that
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 1:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• Let them pick the menu and help make it. And don't let it become a power struggle. It's your job to provide healthy food, don't have junk in the house. It's their job to decide how much of what they will eat. Don't talk about what they're eating or how much. No comments at all. Talk about something neutral at the table, make it pleasant. Be a good example, but a silent one. I know it's hard, been there, done that.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:11 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• I have an entire family of picky eaters. We all take Juice Plus. It's fruits and veggies in a capsule or gummies for kids (my hubby takes the gummies). It gives me some peace of mind that they are getting nutritional needs met while I'm waiting for them to grow out of it and finally eat something healthy. Contact me if you would like to know more about Juice Plus I'd be happy to help. It's helped my family.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 2:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010