Egg alternative?

I cant eat anything with eggs and read ingredients of everything to make sure if has no eggs. I would love to bake with my daughter and be able to eat it afterwards. I read somewhere you can use bananas instead of egg, but I dont want a banana test with all my baking.

Any suggestions?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can use milk as well as bananas, and also meringue powder as a replacement for egg whites (it is a powder that you add water to. I have used this one over the milk, and can't taste a difference in using this and using eggs.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 2:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've heard you can use 7up soda pop as a substitute for eggs. Google around 'egg substitute' and see what you can find!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• There is a product called Ener-G egg replacer, usually available in health food type stores. It can be used to replace up to two eggs in most baking recipes. Depending on what the egg is being used for (moisture, leavening or binding), there are other alternatives you can try like applesauce (1/4 cup per egg), flax seed (1 Tblsp flaxseed blended w/2 Tblsp water until thick & creamy for each egg being replaced), bananas (1/4 cup per egg) or tofu (1/4 cup per egg, whip or beat before adding to recipe). Just remember that no matter which egg substitute you choose to use, it isn't recommended to replace more than two large eggs in any recipe, so if your recipe calls for more than up to two large eggs, you may need to find a different recipe for that product.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010