How can I have a vacation and still pay the bills?

Its so hard to get away for a week, let alone a weekend due to lack of funds. I know some of you moms know just how to stretch that penny so you can get out of town. Plz share with us how. We haven't had a vacation in years because the money goes to the bills. Plz help?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 2:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Travel

• You'd be amazed at what you can do with a little planning...my son was stationed in Italy for a long time and my husband and I of course wanted to go and visit him. In two years we were able to still pay our bills and save money for a 35 days adventure across Europe. We went to Ireland, England, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy-now I know this is extravagant, but it is doable with some planning.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• vacation is a luxury, we have been saving for 4 years to go on one
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Make a plan at least a year in advance and then set aside a certain amount each week or month to put towards the trip. We don't come up with the entire amount at once, we save for it.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You have my condolences! Where exactly are you wanting to go? Someone was saying you could go to Europe for $300+ on off season or to other countries for the same reason. I know living in Phoenix, Arizona the most expensive resorts were half price in the summer time to get people to come...because its in the 118 degree markers.
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010