How can I end the morning get moving batteles to end?

Stormy0225

Asked by Stormy0225 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• let them suffer the consequences if they are late?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i had those with my mom everyday! eventually they stopped and i grew up. i am sure my kids are goin to give it to me twice as bad. lol
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 2:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I went through that with my daughter until I decided to let it be HER problem and not mine. She is responsible for setting her alarm, getting herself up, and getting ready by the time I leave. If she is not in the car when I go she has to find another way to school...walk, pay Dad to take her, call a cab, etc. If she is late for school that is also HER problem and not mine. She has to go to the office and explain to them why she is late. We started this a couple of years ago, and I LOVE not feeling the need to nag her all morning.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Honestly, ya'll are going to think I'm mean but I used to keep marbles in the freezer in a little film canister. Their alarm went off, I called them once after that. If they still aren't up two ice cold marbles against warm toasty kin is quite a wake up call. The knew the rules ahead of time. I only had to roll marbles into each of their beds once.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Oh yes, I remember those....I use to get my boy out of bed with a water gun!

Answer by older at 3:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• bumped ya!

Answer by older at 3:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My kids are teens and we started way back in the beginning that we all have breakfast together in the morning and no one is allowed to be late. There were some days when my son was little that I carried him to the breakfast table but it got them in the habit of getting up and not waiting until the last minute. And I love starting the day with all of us together!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• sorry to lol but you know some of these replies make me lol and give me ideas to get my lil one up
    lilmami316

Answer by lilmami316 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I never deal with the morning thing it is johnny problem to be to schoolon time. She will learn to get up on time when she lose job or two.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2010