funny family story

my maternal grandparents had this story about how my grandpa was supposed to meet my grandma by this tree near their high school one day. she was sitting by a window and just happened to look down at the driveway.
there was my grandpa laughing and running down the driveway with his buddy-
he was going to stand her up!

She confronted him and got her revenge by subjecting him to 58 years of marriage.
when I was little, I told them that he only 'fessed up' because he knew he was busted! that he wouldn't have told the truth otherwise.

this had to have happened at least 40 years previous at that point.
Grandma got this wide eyes look, said I was right- they got quiet all of a sudden, my grandma wouldn't sit next to him, said she was going to come and stay at our house for a few days, I was little so I was thrilled!
I just now realize from that she acted like that because she was mad at him!
any other stories?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My Grandma told me about how when they were "young and stupid" with small kids, She was afraid that the kids would get stung by hornets because there was a hornets nest in the fron porch light. She wrapped Grandpa up in a window curtain and he did battle with the hornets using a kitchen chair and a broom. it is so funny to picture Grampa swinging a broom, standing on a chair, wearing a curtain for protection.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2010