anyone know what I could have...(IM so SICK)

is it a sinus infection...maybe not

my whole head just feels heavy, like a lot of pressure. Like those medicine commercials where the people's heads are balloons and whatever medicine they use helps the pressure go away.

I dont have a sore throat, just feels swollen, and my nose is not runny, but is more stuffy, with out being congested.

Any ideas on what medicine will help ?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 3:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• I always take Benedryl Severe Allergy Sinus Headache. It takes care of everything and then some. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Go buy some Mucinex DM. I can not take a full pill it makes me feel sicker...ie like I am drunk. But no else I know feels that way when they take it. Anyway... I take half of one twice a day and it clears it right up.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• if it is a sinus infection you need antibiotics
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• call ur doc b/c if it's a sinus infection it will only get worse and take that much longer for the botics to kick in.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 3:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Mucinex wont help unless you are caughing up nastyness lol. Get some sutifed (SP?) But that will clear it right up and you will be able to breathe again. Hope you find it and it helps!! I know the feeling it happened to me a few weeks back.....ugh
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Mucinex is the OTC version of Guaufenesin...As this article states it is also helpful in draining nasal secretions.

"Guaifenesin is also considered helpful for thinning postnasal drainage from the sinuses and reducing nasal congestion, and so may relieve sinus pressure/ headache. As Dr. Sarah Myhill comments, "Whoever designed the human body needs a black mark for putting in sinuses! They are cavities in the bones of the face with only one entry and exit hole which is easily blocked by catarrh or swollen mucus membranes." When this occurs, less oxygen can enter the sinuses, promoting bacterial overgrowth and causing sinusitis."

https://www.prohealth.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/PH176

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I just talked to the nurse
    she says there has been a virus going around and I'm at the begining stages of it
    Basically at this point she said to just drink lots of warm liquids to get the throat swelling to go away and Clariton** to get the nose to start running because otherwise I will have postnasal drainage, which is the 2nd stage of the virus, where I will then get a horrible cough :(

she recommended clariton because I'm breastfeeding, otherwise she would have had me get an anti-inflamitary medicine. And as for all my aches just tylenol. BOOOO I have 2 hw assignments to do and have to study for a stats test :( , I'm gonna sleep so much tonight and tomorrow, maybe then I'll be able to study
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• let me mention....she says it lasts anywhere from 1-3 weeks :(
    DomoniqueWS

• I have sinus infection right now the dr told me to get some Claratin, he gave me Nasonex, and the Z pack he also said alot of that is going around. Just keep doing things to help out and try and keep it running. Get some saline nose spray, warm showers lots of warm liquids. My head feels like it's going to fall off also. Get some Mucinex D plenty of fluids, chicken noodle soup and get well !
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• sudafed. Not the PE stuff, the original. And take Garlic pills. It's a natural antibiotic/antiviral
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010